A family favourite from me to you
Moist, chewy, cookies with melty chocolate chips that only take minutes to prepare and minutes to eat!
I get so many compliments on my chocolate chip cookies and constantly get asked for the recipe. I am sceptical to pass it on, because it is a special recipe. But, I'm going to share it today with a few tips for making them extra chewy and gooey!
- RareJewel favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 13 Nov 10:03
- Corvii favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 22 Nov 22:02
- Audrey R. favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 29 Oct 19:42
- ale_corason favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 14 Oct 07:47
- Thepotatolarcenist favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 08 Oct 16:11
- Emma H. favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 06 Oct 20:08
- Tracy G. favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 06 Oct 13:51
- hannah g. favorited Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 29 Sep 18:15
- Amber I. published her project Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 09 Apr 00:29
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk together baking soda, salt and flour in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Beat until well combined.
Slowly add flour with baking soda. You may need to use some old fashioned elbow grease for this step instead of the electric beater. Unless you have a stand up mixer then it's all quite a breeze. Add in chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
With an ice cream scoop, shape the cookie dough into 1" balls and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
TIPS FOR SUPER CHEWY COOKIES
- Use butter instead of margarine, it really does make the difference. Warm your butter until it's almost starting to melt.
- When you think you're not sure if the cookies are done or not, take them out just before they get golden.
- Whip the butter and sugar with an electric beater instead of using a spoon, it gives the dough more oomph.
- Add more chocolate chips - you know you want to.