Why bomb the bike rack down the street?
Some graffiti artists use paint, some use stickers. We crafty types use yarn. If you haven’t heard of yarn bombing or knitted graffiti yet, get yer google on! If you have, maybe you – like me – see the world a little differently than most; a taunting swirl of shapes and structures challenging you to wrap them in bright, snuggly yarn. Ok ok, yes – I surrender! Let’s cover everything in textures and energy! Goodbye to plain statues and trees that don’t hug you back. Hello newborn graffiti artist.
And then the walls inside my apartment began to talk. Psst! Why bomb the bike rack down the street? You’ll only see it when you go for a walk. You could enjoy your graffiti every day in your own home.
Egads, I’m hooked, as the crocheters say. Five skeins of 100% recycled yarn and one reclaimed Ikea chair later, here’s my prettily “upholstered” chair. It will soon be for sale in a local gallery, but I have three more pawing at me with their little legs – almost as inconveniently as the Sesame Street U laid in to Smokey Robinson. Wish me luck!
- Jenee Nicole added Chair Bomb to Home Decor 28 Apr 05:45
- rainbowjo86 favorited Chair Bomb 05 Sep 08:04
- kim.kotary favorited Chair Bomb 17 Apr 08:30
- Louisa R. favorited Chair Bomb 17 Nov 03:13
- lisaabennie added Chair Bomb to Home 07 Jul 14:10
- jennifer f. favorited Chair Bomb 04 Mar 14:23
- Mochi Mochi favorited Chair Bomb 03 Jan 02:22
- PattyMadeIt commented on Chair Bomb 14 Dec 15:19
- Staysik commented on Chair Bomb 02 Dec 06:42
- Lorna at Knits for Life entered her project Chair Bomb to Sharp Crochet Hook 12 Apr 21:35
Lorna at Knits for Life posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!