Smoothies & Beyond
Makes 6 servings
This is a grown-up dessert, perfect for easy entertaining.
For a stronger cocktail, substitute all liqueur rather
than the coffee-Kahlua blend.
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Caffe Latte Cocktail Shake 17 Aug 15:27
- Suzi T. favorited Caffe Latte Cocktail Shake 05 Aug 13:24
- ale_corason favorited Caffe Latte Cocktail Shake 04 Aug 02:16
- Emma H. favorited Caffe Latte Cocktail Shake 03 Aug 20:59
- Weldon Owen published her project Caffe Latte Cocktail Shake 29 May 17:51
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread the coconut in a pie pan and toast in the oven until golden-brown, stirring once or twice,
8–10 minutes. Alternatively, stir the coconut in a small, nonstick
skillet over medium heat until golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Let
the coconut cool. (Toasted coconut keeps, covered, for several days at room temperature.)
Put the milk, coffee, and liqueur in the blender container. Add the
ice cream. Put the lid on securely, turn the variable speed dial to 1,
and start the machine. Increase the speed to variable 8 and blend
for 15 seconds, until smooth and frothy.
Divide the ice cream mixture among cocktail glasses and top with
whipped cream and the toasted coconut. Offer a spoon to stir the