cloak, hood, burlap, full length
I wanted to make a cloak out of something I haven't seen; and that meant burlap. Itchy? Yes. So I then added lining. This was my first sewing project ever, and I didn't own a machine, so I did it all by hand (which made it nearly a month-long project...). I used Simplicity Pattern No. 9887, and handstitched all hems and seams with faux sinew, making for a strong seam with the fraying burlap. There are several mistakes, but nobody will ever know them but me ;)
What a fun learning experience! Have since bought a sewing machine and am looking forward to future projects!
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics; have a photographer who wants to shoot it for real ;) Will replace photos later.
- Kit C. favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 15 Jan 13:04
- Kimberly F. favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 02 Mar 01:17
- Michela T. commented on Burlap Hooded Cloak 20 Nov 21:28
- itslong.vo commented on Burlap Hooded Cloak 17 May 03:54
- itslong.vo favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 17 May 03:54
- Tim F. favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 02 Dec 04:40
- TheGreenSprite favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 04 Jul 02:23
- Sergio R. added Burlap Hooded Cloak to cloks 28 Dec 21:15
- Chris W. favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 08 Oct 03:48
- mochuelita favorited Burlap Hooded Cloak 23 Sep 05:07
Lisa D. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!