Got to say blueberry muffins-when cooked properly are a top tier cake let’s be honest ain’t nothing quite like the smell taste and purpleness
- Anna M. added Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping to cook 31 Jul 07:41
- Anna M. favorited Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping 31 Jul 07:41
- Wild A. favorited Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping 30 Jul 18:44
- Crafterella featured Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping 26 Jul 23:00
- Otis A. favorited Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping 22 Jul 09:08
- Laura Daisy published her project Blueberry Muffins With Crunchy Streusel Topping 21 Jul 09:00
70 grams of plain white flour
30 grams of caster sugar
30 grams of soft brown sugar
40 grams of butter
75 grams of caster sugar
75 grams of soft brown sugar
50grams of plain yogurt or sour cream
130 ml vegetable oil
70 mls of buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 lemon zested
180 grams of self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
A punnet of blueberries, fresh or frozen s approx 150g
For the streusel
Add butter soft brown sugar and caster sugar to a pan and melt when melted add Plain white flour take off the heat and stir through ,when this had cooled go through the mix twice and make crumbs as if you would if you were making a dough
Set to aside and use to top the muffins before completion this gives a beautiful texture and added zing to the muffins
To your mixing bowl add the sugar and all ‘wet’ ingredients: egg, buttermilk,yogurt, oil, and vanilla whisk away until thick creamy and uniform
Normally at this stage I will add 1 full lemon zest,don’t be afraid this will only encourage the blueberries to be more flavoursome it will not be the star.
Dry ingredients are now ready to be added in slowly ,in a separate bowl drive flour baking soda and salt and gradually add to the wet mixture.
When this is combined add half the blueberry punnet and give one last fold.
I use a two-three dessert spoon portion for each muffin case but depending on the size of your cases you may want to use smaller ones and make more from you batch it’s up to you
When the mixture has been ladled in press in the remaining blueberries evenly
The last step is just to sprinkle with the beautiful streusel topping also add a sprinkle Of Demerara sugar for an extra bite
In they go in the oven at 150 degrees in a fan oven 35-45 minutes.