Instructions for a Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace
This delicate necklace is made up of loops of chain, joined easily with jump rings. To complete the look, pearls and glass bicones are added on headpins, to give this piece a vintage feel.
Your Tips: To make a matching pair of earrings, simply make two more of the centre tassels and add them to long ball wires. Make them longer to create an even more glamorous set.
- Coreen M. favorited Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace 29 Sep 12:51
- Brittney S. added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Jewelry 07 Jul 06:01
- Brittney S. added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Misc Other 07 Jul 05:40
- Sarania H. added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Jewerly 20 May 23:07
- crochetmommie added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Jewelry Tutorials 19 Sep 12:20
- beadmommie added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Jewelry Tutorials 10 Sep 13:12
- Shirin L. favorited Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace 07 Nov 15:50
- Miss Captain Cosplay added Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace to Hedy Lamarr (In Progress) 20 Sep 05:19
- Alicia B. favorited Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace 22 Aug 17:42
- asia.pearce favorited Audrey Hepburn Style Necklace 16 Jul 04:38
You Will Need
Measure and cut three pieces of chain: One 48.5cm, one 35cm and finally a 14cm piece. With your pliers open a 5mm jump ring, attach the round part of your toggle to one end of the 48.5cm chain, close the jump ring. Repeat for the bar at the other end of the chain. This is the top line of your necklace.
Using your pliers open a 5mm jump ring, measure 11cm from the end of your top line chain. Loop the jump ring through the chain, attach the 35cm chain and close the jump ring. This piece will make up the first row of loops. Measure 3.5 cm along the top line, attach a 5mm jump ring, measure 4.5 cm of your looping chain and join to the jump ring.
Continue looping the chain and joining to the top line with a 5mm jump ring in the same way as in step 2. Measure the following:
Loop 2 - 6.5cm along top line, 7.5cm loop
Loop 3 - 6.5cm along top line, 8.5cm loop
Loop 4 - 6.5cm along top line, 7.5cm loop
Loop 5 - 3.5cm along top line, 4.5cm loop
Trim the excess chain.
Thread four 8mm black bicones onto 4 headpins, trim the headpins approximately 1cm above the bead and bend around into a loop. Attach these to the jump rings that join the top line of chain to the looping chain at these points:
1 between loop 1 and loop 2
1 between loop 2 and loop 3
1 between loop 3 and loop 4
1 between loop 4 and loop 5
Thread a pearl onto a headpin, trim the headpins 1cm above the bead, bend the headpins into a loop. Repeat for all of your pearls. Add the pearls to the looped chain spacing them evenly, allowing enough space for the bicones. You need:
5 pearls on loop 1
10 pearls on loop 2
10 pearls on loop 3
10 pearls on loop 4
5 pearls on loop 5
Thread a 4mm clear bicone, followed by an 8mm clear bicone and another 4mm clear bicone onto a headpin. Trim the headpin 1cm above the bead and bend into a loop. Attach this headpin to the centre of your top line chain in the middle of loop 3. Make two headpins with an 8mm clear bicone and attach to the chain in the same way, either side of your centre headpin.
To make your tassel, cut one piece of chain in the following lengths: 8cm, 6cm, 5.5cm and a 5cm. Open the loop of an eyepin and attach the pieces of chain. Close the loop. Thread an 8mm black bicone onto the eyepin, trim the eyepin approximately 1cm above the bead and bend it into a loop. Attach it to the centre jump ring in your second row of your necklace.