The No Sugar Recipe Book
Serve this rich buttery cake with cream and raspberries
for a special occasion or as is for afternoon tea – or just
with cream . . .
- Cheryl added Almond Tea Cake to Alice In Wonderland Tea Party 22 Oct 18:54
- Cheryl added Almond Tea Cake to Alice In Wonderland Tea Party 22 Oct 18:37
- San added Almond Tea Cake to Tea Party 01 May 17:33
- Alice N. added Almond Tea Cake to Cooking 25 Jul 21:28
- Emma H. added Almond Tea Cake to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 16:20
- prusakcornell favorited Almond Tea Cake 15 Sep 02:27
- Meow enthusiast favorited Almond Tea Cake 14 Sep 04:19
- Lotusburger favorited Almond Tea Cake 10 Sep 00:17
- Birdie R. favorited Almond Tea Cake 09 Sep 23:52
- Mi.ezekatze favorited Almond Tea Cake 09 Sep 19:07
Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan-assisted). Lightly grease
a 22cm round cake tin and line it with 2 layers of baking paper
(this helps to prevent the edges from burning).
Beat the butter, dextrose, vanilla and lemon zest with an
electric mixer until light and creamy. Add one egg at a time,
beating well after adding each one. Add the flour, baking
powder, ground almonds and milk and beat until well combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared tin.
Bake the cake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested
with a skewer. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out
onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra dextrose to
serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.