how to make paper look old!
There are loads of different ways to make paper look old many of which involve rubbish dirt onto paper but I've found this way to be the most clean and successful :D
- Rebecca M. favorited Ageing Paper 10 Jan 18:56
- orange.tan.58726 favorited Ageing Paper 16 Nov 03:10
- samjamjamison favorited Ageing Paper 22 Dec 22:11
- Rachael H. added Ageing Paper to Envelopes/Paper 16 Dec 10:10
- Jessica H. favorited Ageing Paper 23 Nov 01:22
- SteamAlyce favorited Ageing Paper 11 Jul 05:32
- breanna w. favorited Ageing Paper 23 Jun 06:34
- Breanna M. favorited Ageing Paper 23 Jan 23:37
- erin.barnum.7 favorited Ageing Paper 14 Jan 14:47
- Kaitlyn G. favorited Ageing Paper 07 Jan 23:16
Take a tea bag, squeeze some of the water out but not all and DAB it onto the paper (don't drag it or wipe it across the paper because it will rip it and if you have something printed on it, it will smudge it).
You should end up with a mottled brown effect.
I forgot to put newspaper down before this step!!
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS NEXT STEP!!!
Taking a lit candle burn round the edges very very carefully!!
Just a touch until it catches then blow it out.
Its a very time consuming process as you can't rush it or you'll set yourself or the house on fire :D
You can also hold the paper above the candle till it starts to brown in spots for bigger age spots.