Origami Animal Sculpture
The moose is the largest living member of the deer family, and is easily distinguished by its distinctive antlers. This was a fun and challenging model to design, particularly since my approach focused on simplicity, on the animal’s posture, attitude, and essential character rather than technical complexity. The design came together quickly as my initial idea turned out to be a good one. The model also has the virtue of standing well on four legs without wanting to tip forward or buckle, since the legs are developed from points in the middle of the paper.
Recommended paper: 131⁄2” square or larger.
Begin with a square, white side up.
- Kler A. replied to a comment on Adirondack Moose 04 Feb 19:07
- Kler A. commented on Adirondack Moose 04 Feb 19:06
- DAARSHENI favorited Adirondack Moose 14 Jul 02:41
- Curie J. favorited Adirondack Moose 27 Apr 03:28
- Sierra H. favorited Adirondack Moose 18 Mar 01:36
- Tierra T. favorited Adirondack Moose 10 Nov 17:59
- Deb K. favorited Adirondack Moose 19 Dec 16:35
- sue c. favorited Adirondack Moose 30 Nov 21:56
- Alissa B. favorited Adirondack Moose 15 Nov 23:27
- Candas A. favorited Adirondack Moose 15 Nov 13:32