a beatiful way to light up the dark time of the year
After I moved into my flat I started decorating it I made lots of these lamps. The problem with decorating flats is that I have very exact ideas but can never find the items that match those ideas. This happened with the lamps. I wanted something round and light. I saw many very expensive string pendant lamps and thought I could make that myself. I started to try with wire but got frustrated because the wire never stayed in place. Then I tried it with bast and liquid glue and that worked great. I did many of those lamps so far.
While searching for English words to describe this lamp I found out that I wasn´t the first on to come up with this idea. If you don´t understand my tutorial there are many others out there!
- Caludiya P. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 05 Jul 08:23
- San added Woven String Pendant Lamp to Sleep Over 01 May 18:34
- The Sewing Maven favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 09 Nov 20:45
- PurpleFr3ak48 added Woven String Pendant Lamp to Pretty things 01 Sep 22:50
- Lee Rose added Woven String Pendant Lamp to DIY!!! 15 Mar 22:30
- Tamra T. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 24 Dec 18:45
- Sharre F. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 13 Dec 22:52
- Dayna D. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 23 Nov 11:18
- Nima L. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 16 Oct 14:44
- Karen D. favorited Woven String Pendant Lamp 06 Oct 01:07
If you make awool-lamp you should soak the wool in the starch. If you are using bast you´ll want to use a big rubbish bag as a protection for your table. Fix it to your table with tape. Take a lot of the glue into one of your hands and let the bast run through your hand and glue while wrapping around the ball. Both versions are not exactly a clean craft. Start wrapping whatever you´re using around the ball making sure to cover everything. Every now and then you should wrap your bast or wool around the wire ring to fix it. You might need to cut the strand for that. Just tie the ends to the wire.
If you don´t want to see the light bulp afterwards and are using light or bright material you should wrap a lot around the ball. If your material is dark or you want to see the light bulp you should just wrap around a little. When you are satisfied with how much you wraped around you are finished. secure your end at the wire ring and let dry kompletly. The wool will take almost 24 hours to dry completly.