Weaving with Little Handmade Looms
One of the benefits of working on a paper board loom is that you can weave just about any shape you can imagine. Use these festive designs to create custom garlands and decorations for parties and holidays. Using a strong, thick cotton or linen yarn will help the letters hold their shape nicely.
Finished Project Size
• Hello Garland: Each letter will measure about 2 x 2 in (5 x 5 cm)
• Bunting: Each flag will measure about 1 1⁄2 x 1 3⁄4 in (4 x 4.5 cm)
• Paper board loom
- 2019-03-14-120632-P61+no+text.pdf 1.88 MB [ Download ]
- 2019-03-14-120643-Party+Garland+Extract.pdf 4.18 MB [ Download ]
You Will Need
Make the Looms
1. Use the templates to make paper board looms for each letter or for the bunting.
2. Position the pins as noted on the templates.
String the Looms
3. String each loom according to the individual weaving diagrams below. When stringing the loom for the bunting, position the loom with the wide end of the triangle at the bottom. Tie the warp thread to the bottom left pin, then string around each pin, working back and forth horizontally across the triangle. When you reach the pin at the tip of the triangle, wind the warp thread around the pin twice, then secure with tape on the back of the loom.