DIY Wearable Art Necklace
I made this spool necklace from three mini-wooden spools (3/4" long) and two smaller spools (1/2" long) that I painted brown and slightly distressed with sand paper. I glued abstract printed fabric onto the spools. I created a tassel with some sock yarn that had the appearance of embroidery floss. I covered my gathering knot with a small piece of the fabric. The spools are strung on 20" of copper-tone chain. Take the spools with you to the craft store to buy some chain that will fit through the holes in the spool. The necklace is a useful way to use up some of those fabric scraps you have laying around. Hmmmm, I'm thinking the smaller spools alone would make a cute bracelet.
- Abnormal Abby added Wooden Spool Necklace to Jewellry 11 Jun 02:54
- Ada B. added Wooden Spool Necklace to Necklaces 14 Apr 11:50
- Pam ^_^ favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 20 Feb 03:13
- Libby W. added Wooden Spool Necklace to Gifts for Jenny 17 Dec 22:36
- Libby W. added Wooden Spool Necklace to Necklaces 17 Dec 22:36
- Ada B. favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 18 Nov 11:42
- Monika Gottindottir favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 10 Nov 19:35
- Libby W. favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 09 Nov 23:04
- orla.kelleher1 favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 09 Nov 20:43
- Nancy! favorited Wooden Spool Necklace 09 Nov 20:16
Wendy W. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!