Artisan Pizza to Make Perfectly at Home
Smoked cheese makes an interesting alternative to mozzarella on pizzas, and you can purchase great smoked cheeses from many producers. If you want to try smoking cheese yourself, and you do not have a wood smoker, try tea-smoking in an ordinary domestic oven.
- Cheryl added Wild Mushroom & Tea Smoked Cheese Pizza to Alice In Wonderland Tea Party 22 Oct 18:36
- Penny F. added Wild Mushroom & Tea Smoked Cheese Pizza to cooking 19 Jan 16:06
- KelliDroze added Wild Mushroom & Tea Smoked Cheese Pizza to Food 20 Dec 07:43
- Lotusburger favorited Wild Mushroom & Tea Smoked Cheese Pizza 20 Dec 07:19
- Kyle Books published his project Wild Mushroom & Tea Smoked Cheese Pizza 28 Nov 15:51
You Will Need
Prepare the wild mushrooms: Rub the mushrooms with a damp tea towel to remove any mulch. Do not soak them in water or they become slimy. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan over a low heat and sear the mushrooms for about 3 minutes, seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Place a rack on the highest shelf of an oven and turn the grill to its highest setting. When hot, place a greased 26cm iron pan on the stovetop, set to medium heat.
Sprinkle a little flour over your hands and on the work surface and open the dough ball by flattening and stretching the dough with your fingers, or by rolling the dough with a rolling pin. Pick the pizza base up and gently stretch it a little further over your fists without tearing it. Drop this onto the hot pan, and allow it to start rising.
As soon as the dough firms up, drizzle the olive oil over the base. Add a quarter of the mushrooms, then scatter the smoked cheese, mozzarella and basil on top.
Cook the pizza on top of the stove for about 3 minutes, then transfer the pan to the grill for a further 3–4 minutes. Serve whole or in slices.