A camera cosy to disguise your DSLR camera
The one thing I can never leave the house without is my camera. I take it everywhere. Unfortunately, not everywhere is camera-friendly, and I don't mean that I sneak it in places that I shouldn't. This camera is expensive, heavy, and it's my baby. However, I'm not the kind of photographer that shies away from getting a perfect shot out of an area of town that resembles Compton for fear that my camera might get stolen. So when I stumbled upon the pattern linked to above, I realised that this is exactly what I've needed to feel just a bit safer carrying my huge camera around. When I walk around with a Weimaraner slung around my neck, people don't automatically know that I'm carrying a camera. Safety +1, Cuteness + a bazillion. I win either way.
You can make this adorable camera cozy in any breed or color you like. I'd love to see a Pomeranian one, to be honest! ;)
Chain 4, slip stitch (sl st) into first chain.
10 Half Double Crochet (HDC) in center, sl st to first HDC
2 HDC in each st around, sl st to first HDC (X2)
1 HDC in each st around until the length fits your lens.
Once the lens length has been reached, mark the camera body width with st markers, turn, and begin crocheting in rows until the length of the body of your camera has been reached.
The ears are single crochet rectangles.
I added fabric to the undersides of the ears to give the cosy a unique flare. I attached the fabric to the crocheted ear fabric that I made and finished the edges with a zig zag stitch. I then carefully trimmed both fabrics into the rounded ear shape with scissors (make sure you do this AFTER you've sewn the edges of the fabric!).
I used the wrong side of some sweatpant material for the nose and mouth for contrast and had sewed them to the front of the cosy.
- ZanyDays entered her project Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy to Punchdrunk Panda 01 Sep 01:34
- KnittKittten replied to a comment on her project Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 23 Jan 17:37
- Claire M. commented on Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 23 Jan 17:25
- Claire M. favorited Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 23 Jan 17:24
- Holly D. added Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy to cool 22 Jan 15:36
- KnittKittten replied to a comment on her project Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 22 Jan 14:32
- Biscuit crumb commented on Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 22 Jan 10:34
- reina.carver favorited Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy 21 Jan 19:42
- KnittKittten entered her project Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy to Jump From Paper 21 Jan 18:40
- KnittKittten entered her project Weimaraner Dslr Camera Cosy to The Animal Print Shop 21 Jan 18:39
ZanyDays posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!