This pendant necklace in vintage tones uses Wildfire, an ultra strong beading thread to make a stunning necklace that’ll last a lifetime.
- Kd L. favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 22 Dec 19:56
- Andrea R. favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 06 Nov 10:23
- Carla added Vintage Tones Necklace to Future Projects 15 Aug 03:20
- Elentine added Vintage Tones Necklace to Jewellery & Beading 16 Feb 18:49
- Banndit1 favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 16 Feb 00:38
- Banndit1 added Vintage Tones Necklace to Jewlery 16 Feb 00:37
- Sylvie M. favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 23 Jan 21:26
- Sylvie M. added Vintage Tones Necklace to necklace 23 Jan 21:26
- Misty L. favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 18 Jan 22:40
- Donna W. favorited Vintage Tones Necklace 22 Dec 08:57
You Will Need
To make the first side of your necklace, cut 4 x 60cm lengths of Wildfire. Knot them together at one end. Pass the knotted threads through an eyepin. Separate the threads you just passed through the eyepin (below the knot) into 2, making a hole. Pass the ends of your threads through the hole and pull taut.
To make strand 1, attach a needle to 1 of the 4 lengths of thread. Pick up 20 rocailles, 1 metal bead, 1 faceted moon bead, 1 metal bead, 20 rocailles, 1 metal bead, 1 round moon bead, 1 metal bead, 20 rocailles, 1 metal bead, 1 faceted moon bead, 1 metal bead and 21 rocailles. Use the last rocaille added as a stop bead by looping your thread round and through it again to secure.
Attach your needle to the next strand, pick up 20 rocailles and pass the needle through the first group of 3 beads on strand 1. Continue by adding 20 rocailles at a time and passing the needle through each group of 3 beads. After adding the last 20 rocailles, pass through the stop bead on strand 1. Loop round and through as before. Repeat with the other 2 strands. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a second side.
Tie the 8 ends of the 2 sides together close to the stop beads. Tie the 8 strands onto the loop of an eyepin, knotting several times to secure. Pass the eyepin through the bead tip and bend at a right angle as before. Weave the excess threads back through the rocaille strands for extra strength and neatness.