Vintage Door Shelf
Turn a discarded door into an outdoor planting shelf or book shelf with standard lumber and some chalky finish paints.
- Key West Witch favorited Vintage Door Shelf 31 May 16:30
- Perfectly DeStressed added Vintage Door Shelf to Jane Austen's Bedroom 12 Aug 23:51
- gabriela.johnson.94 favorited Vintage Door Shelf 07 Jan 02:46
- Sandy B. added Vintage Door Shelf to Boho Furniture 28 Jun 03:42
- Sandy B. favorited Vintage Door Shelf 28 Jun 03:42
- amyistheparty added Vintage Door Shelf to Backyard Picnic Summer Soiree 18 Apr 20:59
- Asherah Arts (formerly Lee Rose) added Vintage Door Shelf to suess 21 Sep 02:55
- C G. favorited Vintage Door Shelf 23 May 04:32
- ingrid c. favorited Vintage Door Shelf 30 Mar 17:41
- Taylor K. favorited Vintage Door Shelf 12 Feb 22:50
1. Paint large patches of Lace and Heritage all over the door and shelves. Don’t worry about being neat or creating a pattern, just go crazy and be random. Leave some of the original color of the door showing if you like the original color. If not, cover everything with the large patches of paint.
2. Rub wax over the details of the door and over the patches you just painted.
3. Paint over the entire door in Delicate and let dry for 30 minutes.
4. Sand the door with a sanding block to reveal the areas where you applied the wax. The base colors will start to show through and the door will start to look more aged.
See the video tutorial here: