For cake and hot chocolate lovers, Vienna is the place to visit.I spent a weekend there a few years ago with my friend Maren, and we drank more hot chocolate in 48 hours than I ever dreamed possible. My favourite café, Demel, serves the classic Austrian hot chocolate and this is my interpretation of that luxurious drink.
- Kaiulani W. favorited Viennese Hot Chocolate 19 Nov 01:41
- Biblionic added Viennese Hot Chocolate to Cooking 02 Nov 18:11
- Biblionic favorited Viennese Hot Chocolate 02 Nov 18:11
- su l. favorited Viennese Hot Chocolate 05 Mar 12:14
- Crafterella featured Viennese Hot Chocolate 23 Oct 06:00
- Emma H. favorited Viennese Hot Chocolate 17 Oct 19:05
- Mae751 added Viennese Hot Chocolate to Fall Recipe's 15 Oct 12:32
- ale_corason favorited Viennese Hot Chocolate 12 Oct 03:30
- Ryland Peters & Small published his project Viennese Hot Chocolate 11 Oct 06:00
Place the milk and cream in a saucepan with the chopped chocolate and sugar. Place over low heat and whisk until the chocolate has melted and the drink is thick and syrupy.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then beat in the whisked egg yolk to thicken the hot chocolate.
Return to the heat, whisking all the time, until hot. Pass through a sieve/strainer and then pour into two cups and serve straight away.