Fingerless Mitts With Lovely Details
I decided, back in May, to make some fancier mitts! I did finish that month, but it's taken me since then to find just the right buttons :) I'm kinda picky, but they also needed fairly smallish buttons, which are tricky to find at the big box craft stores.
Since the weather here has been cooling down, I finally went to the fancy fabric store to search for buttons, and found these lovely greenish gold glass buttons. They are not something I normally would choose, but they are quite nice and I think they look smashing with this purple color!
I think these mitts are my first truly successful in-the-round project- no weird gaps or ladders to be found! I really love the construction of them as well. The lace cuff portion is knitted flat, then stitches are picked up along one edge, and you begin knitting in the round from there. I love love LOVE that, since I really despise casting on and starting the first few rows when working in the round.
I also had to redo the left cuff a few times, since it's a little more tricky, and had to redo the right mitt entirely thanks to missing some yo's at the thumb, and a too-tight bind off. But, this was really quite enjoyable to work on!
This project was pretty cheap- I picked this yarn up from Big Lots for $1, and the buttons were about $6. Can't beat $7 for a really fun project and gorgeous gloves, eh?
- Coreen M. favorited Veyla Gloves 29 Sep 14:36
- Tabitha F. favorited Veyla Gloves 24 Aug 22:40
- IntrepidMoose favorited Veyla Gloves 21 Jan 03:46
- jenneilicious favorited Veyla Gloves 04 Mar 16:55
- Lauren J. added Veyla Gloves to Likes 31 Jan 15:06
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Veyla Gloves 09 Dec 16:25
- gloria z. favorited Veyla Gloves 03 Nov 01:38
- Tiffany S. favorited Veyla Gloves 09 Oct 02:33
Jessica posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!