Vegan Fried Zucchini Fritters with Dill Sour Cream
The perfect appetizer for when you need to use up all that zucchini in the fridge. These vegan zucchini fritters are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They do take some time to make, so put aside about an hour to fry these all up. It makes a lot so they're great get-togethers or large family meals (or if you're like me, your entire dinner). They have a slightly garlicky and cheesy flavor which pairs well with the lighter flavors of the dill and lemon sour cream. Try them out and let me know how you like them in the comments section below!
- Crafterella featured Vegan Fried Zucchini Fritters With Dill Sour Cream 15 Aug 23:00
- Sarah Ottino published her project Vegan Fried Zucchini Fritters With Dill Sour Cream 06 Aug 09:00
You Will Need
Zucchini Fritter Ingredients:
- 4 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Oil for frying
Sour Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup of vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
PRESS THE ZUCCHINI:
- Grate all of the zucchini into a large cullender.
- Let it sit in your sink for about 10 minutes to drain.
- Press down on the zucchini to remove as much of the excess water as you can.
MAKE THE BATTER:
- Transfer the zucchini to a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the oil).
- Stir well until everything is incorporated in the bowl. The "batter" will be slightly wet.
FRY THE FRITTERS:
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add a spoonful of the zucchini batter to the pan and flatten it down to a thin circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- Try to fit as many fritters into your pan as you can, but don't let them touch each other.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Flip and fry the other side for another 2-3 minutes or until it's golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and transfer to a drying rack (you can also place them in the oven on the lowest temperature possible so that they stay warm).
- Repeat until the batter is all used up.
MAKE THE SOUR CREAM:
- While the fritters are frying, mix the sour cream by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the fritters are done, serve immediately with the sour cream.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Unfortunately these fritters don't stay crispy, so they don't store well. If you do have leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container for 2 days. To crisp them back up, I would recommend throwing them back onto a frying pan until warmed, though they won't be as good as when they're freshly cooked.
- You can store the batter in the fridge for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
- Servings: 1 fritter (should make about 25)
- Calories: 78
- Total Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Servings: 1 tsp per fritter (makes about 24 servings)
- Calories: 29
- Total Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 0g