Cherries and blueberries in a cake with a lemon glaze.
I had blueberries and cherries on hand, but I can imagine this with all kinds of berries. Before starting the cake, stem and pit cherries. Cut strawberries in half, if using. Leave any other berries whole. Also, before starting the cake, zest two lemons and juice three, so that there is enough for both the cake and the glaze.
- Sarah S. added Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake to Food 06 Feb 05:22
- KelliDroze added Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake to Sweet 08 Jan 04:54
- ale_corason favorited Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake 07 Jan 03:27
- piefacetoldmeso favorited Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake 05 Jan 00:17
- KelliDroze added Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake to Food 03 Jan 07:33
- Jenn M. favorited Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake 31 Dec 02:10
- claire @ chez cayenne published her project Vegan Cherry Berry Bundt Cake 13 Nov 22:31
You Will Need
For the cake:
Oil a Bundt pan. (Don't flour it.) Preheat oven to 350 F. Fluff the flour in the container with a spoon before measuring. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, cream the golden flax seed meal, water, sugar, canola oil, and apple sauce with an electric mixer on medium. Add the vanilla. Turn the speed down to low and add the flour mixture one heaping spoonful at a time. When the flour is almost combined, stop the mixer and finish stirring in the flour by hand. Add the cherries and berries and stir in. Pour the mixture into the Bundt pan and spread out the top with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then turn out onto the rack and let cool for 2 hours.
For the glaze:
In a small saucepan, combine margarine and lemon juice and cook over low heat until margarine melts. Add powdered sugar and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes. Drizzle over cake immediately.