Regular maragaritas can get boring....
I love raspberry-lavender everything. I've had ice cream, jelly, and cake frosting with these two tastes combined; none were so good as this drink. Alcohol or no alcohol, ice or no ice. You can make it with rum if tequila is not your thing.
- Melissa Beth added Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita to Foodening 20 Jan 21:22
- Melissa Beth favorited Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita 15 Jan 03:14
- Leigh C. favorited Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita 12 Jan 00:12
- Grimgirl101 favorited Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita 20 Jun 23:12
- Millie H. added Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita to Food and drink 20 Mar 22:17
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) added Unbelievable Raspberry Lavender Margarita to Drink Recipes 18 Feb 02:07
I'm going to tell you how to do this without pics. Sorry. Camera no worky.
First, measure out a shot or two (to your taste) of white tequila into a cup and put it in the freezer. Everything in this drink needs to stay cold or it'll start melting.
Break out the blender. Load two to four cups of ice into blender (my glasses are tiny so it takes 2 cups of ice....)
You can either use raspberry juice or raspberry puree with this drink. I hate drinks with little bits of squishy stuff in them so I use juice. If you're using juice, use the same amount of juice as you did ice. If you prefer puree, use a 1:2 ratio (puree to ice)or the drink will be too thick to blend.
You get the light pink color if you use juice in this drink. If you use the puree, you'll get a drink that looks kind of like coagulated blood; awesome Halloween drink.
Here's another "to your taste" thing. Again, I can't stand little chunks in my drinks so I use the lavender flowers to make a strong tea and then use the tea in my drink. If you don't mind the chunks, stick one whole fresh lavender sprig into the blender.
If you use the tea method, you'll have to play around with the proportions. I use one tablespoon of strong tea to each glass. Any more than that and your drink will taste like perfume.
Add tequila to blender with all of the other ingredients and blend away. I think they're best of you blend the ce until it's as smooth as possible.