Follow The Yellow Yarn Road
It's no secret that I've been obsessed with The Wizard of Oz since I was a very little girl.
While filling out a postcard with the lyrics, "And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true," felt inspired to do a painting, but Crochet has really taken off for me as a chosen craft. It comes to me much more organically than drawing or painting. Originally, I had the idea of painting a background, then attaching crochet to it. As I went along, I decided I a full crochet "painting" was what I wanted to do.
I made extra pieces for it during the initial process to hang off the bottom of the original canvas idea, but those have been scrapped and saved for use with a different project. The end result is much less complex than my original ideas, which would have made it far too "busy." Because I was creating as I went along, it took about 10 days from start to finish (including framing), but it turned out exactly how I wanted it in the end. It is currently displayed in my living room. :)
Completed piece is approximately 11x14 inches.
- Amanda M. favorited Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 28 Oct 03:59
- Chudames entered her project Trip To The Emerald City Ooak to Actual Film Votive 04 Sep 20:12
- Suzi T. favorited Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 05 Aug 13:29
- Chudames replied to a comment on her project Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 03 Aug 16:15
- Nancy! commented on Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 03 Aug 00:47
- Nancy! favorited Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 03 Aug 00:46
- Chudames replied to a comment on her project Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 01 Aug 13:30
- Glenda A. commented on Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 01 Aug 12:30
- Chudames published her project Trip To The Emerald City Ooak 31 Jul 14:44
Chudames posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!