Running armband that is compatible with touchscreens
This armband uses clear vinyl so that you can still use your touchscreen while it's inside the pouch. It also has a pocket to fit you ID, a key, and some cash.
- Sarah S. added Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket to Cheap things to try 06 Nov 01:25
- choco s. favorited Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 20 Apr 04:46
- Kay favorited Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 04 Apr 22:16
- Pramodini Arela added Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket to Sewing 31 Mar 22:39
- Darci M. favorited Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 30 Mar 20:37
- Nicole D. replied to a comment on their project Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 30 Mar 16:42
- Steph. commented on Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 30 Mar 16:05
- Steph. favorited Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 30 Mar 16:05
- jesta b. favorited Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 29 Mar 23:33
- Nicole D. published their project Touchscreen Phone Armband With Pocket 29 Mar 06:00
On the end with the heavier weight fabric (black in the sample), press edge up on wrong side of the fabric by 1/4". Fold fabric in half right sides together as shown, and sew up the side and top with a 1/4" seam allowance (leave edge you pressed up un-sewn for turning).
Clip the corners and turn fabric right side out. Use a chopstick or knitting needles to poke out corners. Press.
Sew along the edge of the open end.
ATTACH THE LOOPS FOR THE STRAP
To make the loops to hold the strap or elastic, I used the selvage from my duck cloth. I won't fray and it reduces the layers of fabric I need to sew. My strap is 1.5" wide, so I cut two 2" selvage pieces and pressed the ends under.
Note: If you selvage isn't the same color or you fabric isn't as thick as mine, you can make fabric tubes to sew on instead.
Mark your fabric for the loops. I centered mine, and placed them close to the edges.
Sew into place.
SEW ON VINYL AND MAKE THE POCKET
Fold your fabric in half wrong sides together (the loops should be on the outside) and press flat. Cut a piece of clear vinyl to be the same size as the front of the armband, and place it on top.
Clip all layers together. (I used Clover Wonder Clips, but binder clips would work fine too.)
Switch to a heavy duty needle on your sewing machine. Using a 3-3.5mm stitch length, sew close to the edges along the sides and bottom of the armband. Go slowly, your machine may have some trouble at the beginning depending on your fabric thickness. Leave the top un-sewn to create the back pocket and the vinyl pocket for your phone.
If using a strap, slip your strap through the loops.
If using elastic, measure a piece of elastic the width of your arm. Insert it into the loops. Overlap the elastic to make a circle and pin or baste. Try it on to check the fit. Adjust as necessary. Sew your elastic together (I like sew together elastic by sewing a rectangle with an "x" in it where the elastic overlaps.
And you're done! Slip your phone into your new armband and you're ready to go!