Coffee + Cake = Heaven :)
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package moist white cake mix
• 1/4 cup cold brew coffee
• 1 tablespoon coffee flavoured liqueur
• 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
• 2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur
• 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
• 2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur (I used Bailey's
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• About 1 cup of cold brewed coffee (more or less according to
taste and cake saturation levels.)
- Kaiulani W. favorited Tiramisu Layer Cake 10 Jul 01:41
- Dori V. added Tiramisu Layer Cake to to do- 19 Jan 21:12
- Sam A. added Tiramisu Layer Cake to dessert 02 Jan 22:58
- sam.apel.9 added Tiramisu Layer Cake to Food 28 Dec 05:15
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Tiramisu Layer Cake 26 Dec 18:16
- 36 Green Ducks entered her project Tiramisu Layer Cake to Secret Santa 26 Dec 14:43
Mix cake using the directions on your cake mix. Then divide 2/3 of the batter between 2 pans. In the remaining batter, stir in 1/4 cup of coffee (if using instant coffee; mix with water first) and pour into remaining that last pan.
To assemble the cake:
NOTE - as tempting as it is to add a lot of coffee to the cake, be aware of cake saturation levels. You don't want the cake to be mush.
Bottom Layer: Place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in cake, about 1 inch apart. Pour one third of reserved coffee mixture over cake, then spread with half of the filling mixture.
Middle Layer: Top with coffee-flavoured cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling.
Top Layer: Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour remaining coffee mixture on top.
Finally: Spread sides and top of cake with frosting.