Pirates of Covent Garden
I was asked by the lovely Darren Potter AKA Captain Jack Sparrow of Covent Garden and his beautiful accomplice Rosie Posie to make a Tia Dalma dress. After many hours of re-jigging patterns (a dress pattern and a corset pattern), fabric dying and painting, corsetry and hand stitching it finally is finished (took me from November to May to complete it, working on it sporadically in the evenings and at weekends. Haven't listed the materials as they are completely unrepeatable but I used for the over dress - curtain material (using the wrong side of the fabric to give a faded look), tassells from a cheap set of cushions dyed for the trim, torn up scraps of the skirt material for trim and frayed the edges. For the corset - a red stiff cotton throw lined with calico and boned to within an inch of its life (:-D) with steel bones, trimmed with more torn skirt material and a carp landing net! For the skirt - a stripey duvet cover, another throw, a table cloth, some calico and some weird net curtaining that was shrank and destroyed in my washing machine, trimmed with hairy knitting wool and some green tape knitting yarn!
Absolutely loved doing it and was so pleased when they posted the pics up on Facebook!:-D
- P1010002.jpg 206 KB [ Download ]
- Key West Witch favorited Tia Dalma Dress 27 Jun 01:46
- marceline-the-vampire-queen m. favorited Tia Dalma Dress 16 Feb 22:45
- Emily TeaTime favorited Tia Dalma Dress 03 Feb 02:11
- Maytag Suzanne commented on Tia Dalma Dress 03 Nov 12:57
- Kitsuné favorited Tia Dalma Dress 20 Oct 12:24
- Shash M. favorited Tia Dalma Dress 01 Jul 05:02
Janetrec posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!