The easiest bag ever
A very easy yet stylish bag that can accomodate any stitch and is quick to make.
- anderrnj favorited The Munro Bag 16 Jan 23:37
- Sam D. added The Munro Bag to To-make list 29 Aug 08:00
- Sam D. favorited The Munro Bag 29 Aug 07:58
- alison.stephens.315 favorited The Munro Bag 24 Jun 21:01
- Tess added The Munro Bag to Crochet 28 Jan 09:16
- Luqsnat commented on The Munro Bag 15 Jan 09:41
- Tess favorited The Munro Bag 20 Dec 11:57
- missim3 added The Munro Bag to Munro Bag 12 Nov 21:12
- Whoot favorited The Munro Bag 25 Jun 19:50
- Ivy K. favorited The Munro Bag 25 Jun 11:45
Cut 2 circles of a strong fabric, I used cord, with a diameter of 15cm.
Make yourself a lovely crocheted rectangle 38 by 42 cm. Do whatever you like! Granny squares, chevrons, plain ole’ single crochet the list is endless.
I used an adapted chevron:
Repeats of 12 stiches and a three stitch turning chain to start.
1 double crochet in the third chain, then 2 double crochet in the next chain stitch, *a double crochet in each of the next 3 chain stitches , then double crochet 2 together and double crochet two together again, double crochet in each of the next 3 chain stitches , 2 double crochets in the next chain and then 2 double crochets in the next chain again.
repeat from *
I changed colour each row.
Now all that's needed is to sew it up. I tacked everything up then hand sewed it .
I gathered up the edge of the side to give it a bit of shape and allow for expansion.
The handles I used were just interfaced strips secured to the base, made from the same material as the sides of the bag.
This bag definitely needs either a base (there is a description of how to do this in the Desiree Bag tutorial) or fully interfaced lining .
You could add a zip to secure, I have just used a couple of buttons.