Steampunk inspired skirt
Sorry I had such bloody trouble taking pictures of this. In the end just said, screw it, and work with what you got :)
I wore mine with a bustle just so you know my butt's not that big :D
- Vi F. favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 23 Oct 02:12
- emmilou w. favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 13 Sep 14:11
- Melissa Beth favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 07 Jan 08:11
- Brianna E. favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 04 Nov 06:11
- Ievars favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 16 Oct 16:41
- Mariana B. favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 06 May 00:03
- Julia favorited Tartan Pick Up Skirt 01 Apr 14:58
- Agnes W added Tartan Pick Up Skirt to SJP 22 Mar 23:52
- Maya G. added Tartan Pick Up Skirt to Skirts inspiration 23 Feb 13:54
- Steffi J. added Tartan Pick Up Skirt to Vivienne Westwood 31 Jan 21:44
Make a circle skirt waist but leave all the extra material, don't cut the hem into a circle, it'll be uneven and square-y but it's getting pinned anyway. I made mine 2 layers to get some nice movement.
I had bought the belt for the outfit so I just did an elasticated hem (was a bit scruffy cause I'm a bit lazy that way!)
Once you've got your skirt on yourself, start pinning with safety pins all over hitching the different layers to make a pretty shape, you could probably never stop doing this but at some point you've got to stop yourself!
Once pinned, I sat my skirt over a stool, if you've got a dress form even better! Start sewing the safety pinned bits and unhooking the pins as you go (so you know which parts are sewn and which needs sewn at a glance)
You'll end up repositioning as you got but be careful not to start sewing it too short, I narrowly avoided having a bum cheek on display.