Make an amizing TARDIS cooking apron for geeks
I started to watch Doctor Who and i was absolutelly amazed by it. So when it was time to make some costume I decided to make a TARDIS costume. It was a simple apron altough it looked pretty good. Now i am using it as an apron while cooking.
- police_public_call_box.jpg 13.2 KB [ Download ]
- window.png 38.6 KB [ Download ]
- tardis_door_sign.jpg 3.48 MB [ Download ]
- notthatmj added Tardis Apron to Sewing projects 10 Nov 16:15
- notthatmj added Tardis Apron to Summer projects 10 Nov 16:15
- asia.pearce added Tardis Apron to Hair 02 Aug 12:10
- Tierra T. favorited Tardis Apron 18 Oct 01:41
- Hannah N. favorited Tardis Apron 10 Jun 15:07
- Will Z. favorited Tardis Apron 19 Apr 17:00
- Olga K. added Tardis Apron to tardis 18 Jan 01:24
- Olga K. favorited Tardis Apron 18 Jan 01:20
- Anne Mary F. favorited Tardis Apron 30 Nov 05:26
- pandanomz added Tardis Apron to my list 08 Sep 14:38
So. Take an old apron and blue fabric. You want a dark blue fabric-like a TARDIS. Retrace the old apron on the fabric but leave 1cm or 2cm for the hem!
Cut your apron out.
Then you will need to measure your old apron binding stripes-behind the neck and on the waist. Retrace them on the blue fabric BUT double the widht-you will fold them in half. Cut them out.
So, you have the blue things done. Take the black fabric. Measure the top of the apron-you want to make a retangle and again leave 1cm for the hem so make your retangle 1cm on each side bigger.
Soo you have it all painted and cuted out. Now you will have to sew it and sew it together. Iron the hems and you can fix them with pins. Sew everything together- fold stripes in half, black retangle to the top, windows below it and the big sign to the right(check the original TRDIS to make sure;)