Rich, chocolate-y, and sugarfree!
I replaced the sugar in the traditional recipe to make it sugarfree. My favorite part of making these was learning that the Swedes used to let their children eat candy only on Saturdays. What a powerful message!
- Cat Morley added Swedish Chokladbollar to Swedish Smorgasbord 18 May 00:18
- Claire M. favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 15 Mar 17:57
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 16 Sep 23:10
- Tisya favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 15 Jul 02:35
- Tyra v. added Swedish Chokladbollar to Fooood 31 Mar 21:29
- Emmy S. favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 08 Mar 22:04
- Chelsea favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 01 Dec 20:45
- Anna S. commented on Swedish Chokladbollar 30 Nov 19:34
- Anna S. favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 30 Nov 19:32
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Swedish Chokladbollar 30 Nov 18:52
Heat the coconut oil for about 20 seconds in the microwave, until just melted. Stir in the coffee and stevia. Add the oats, cocoa powder, and coconut flour, and stir until well mixed. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
Stir again, then form into balls. You might need to give each ball a good squeeze to get it to stick together, but it shouldn't fall apart easily. Roll each ball lightly in coconut.
Return to the fridge for about an hour, and allow Chokladbollar to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.