Channel your inner hippie...
I know there are only a million other slouch hat patterns out there, but I haven't found one that works well for me, so I whipped up my own. It's quick & easy... and is great for BHDs (Bad Hair Days). This quickly became the most popular pattern on my blog! Whip up one today!
- Alisha P. favorited Super Slouch Hat 11 Jan 03:54
- Lucinda favorited Super Slouch Hat 11 Mar 17:13
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Super Slouch Hat 14 Jan 22:37
- Saulene P. added Super Slouch Hat to to try 12 Jun 08:08
- Cindy S. favorited Super Slouch Hat 01 Nov 03:20
- Birdie R. favorited Super Slouch Hat 24 Sep 03:34
- Karen D. favorited Super Slouch Hat 31 Aug 04:11
- Pramodini Arela added Super Slouch Hat to Celebrity Style 20 Jun 20:26
- RareJewel favorited Super Slouch Hat 07 Jun 07:02
- Pimke added Super Slouch Hat to Häckelmuster 11 Feb 20:43
SUPPLIES: M (9.0 mm) hook, K (6.5 mm) hook, J (6.0 mm) hook and/or I (5.5 mm) hook. The pattern will tell you which sizes you'll need to use, depending on which size you make. You may also want to use a stitch marker.
YARN: I prefer Vanna's Choice for this project, but your favorite sturdy Worsted Weight yarn will be fine.
STITCH GUIDE: HDC = Half Double Crochet, SC = Single Crochet, BPSC = Back Post Single Crochet, ST = Stitch
GAUGE: With K hook, 5 HDC & 5 rounds = 2" [If yours is a little bigger, that's fine.]
NOTES: This hat is worked in a continuous spiral. Do not join at the end of each round.
[Both sizes] Using M hook, Start with Magic Loop.
Round 1: 10 HDC in loop.
Round 2: 2 HDC in each ST around. (20 HDC)
Round 3: 1 HDC in each ST around. (20 HDC)
Round 4: 2 HDC in each ST around. (40 HDC)
Round 5: 1 HDC in each ST around. (40 HDC)
Round 6: (1 HDC in next, 2 HDC in next) around. (60 HDC)
Round 7-8: 1 HDC in each ST around. (60 HDC)
** Switch to K hook.
Round 9-16: 1 HDC in each ST around. [If you would like your ADULT hat to be EXTRA slouchy, add a few more rounds with your K hook here.]
** If you're making an ADULT hat, switch to J hook now. If you're making a CHILD hat, switch to I hook now.
Round 17: SC in each ST around. (60 SC)
Round 18-23: BPSC (not too tightly) in each ST around. [Too complicated? Too fancy? Work a snug SC in each ST instead.]
** If you'd like a wider band, add a couple of extra rounds. If not, fasten off & weave in ends.
Enjoy your super slouch. ☺