The Artisan Marshmallow
MAKES ABOUT 24
Keep in an airtight container for 2–3 days.
You can also set the mixture in a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12 in) slice tin, lined with non-stick
baking paper that is then sprayed lightly with oil. Once set, turn out onto a clean surface
and use a large knife sprayed lightly with oil to cut the marshmallow into bite-sized
pieces. Toss in hundreds and thousands, toasted coconut or even coloured coconut.
- Birgit added Super Artsy Marshmallows to Dessert 06 Apr 17:01
- judithchen added Super Artsy Marshmallows to recipes 18 Mar 10:13
- Sophia H. favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 16 Mar 18:24
- jennygoesmeow. favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 03 Jan 19:49
- Nope :-P favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 17 Dec 02:01
- Amanda L. favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 06 Dec 14:50
- Syeyon K. favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 29 Nov 12:09
- Syeyon K. commented on Super Artsy Marshmallows 29 Nov 12:09
- Ciara Baron favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 04 Nov 22:10
- Birgit favorited Super Artsy Marshmallows 26 Oct 08:08
Lightly spray 3 large trays with oil. To make the coating, sift the icing sugar and cornflour together. Dust some of the coating over the trays.
Slowly sprinkle the gelatine over 160 ml (5. fl oz/2? 3 cup) cold water in a shallow microwave-safe bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Heat in the microwave for 30–45 seconds on High (100%) or until the gelatine has dissolved.
Meanwhile, combine the sugar and 160 ml (5. fl oz/2? 3 cup) water in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the
heat. Whisk in the dissolved gelatine. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl and use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to whisk on high speed until thick. Add the vanilla and continue to whisk until mixture
is very thick and holds its shape, about 8–10 minutes, depending on your mixer.
Dollop spoonfuls of the marshmallow mixture onto the prepared trays. Stand for about
1 hour, until set.
Sprinkle the marshmallows with decorations. Put a spoonful of the remaining coating in a tea strainer and carefully dust around the edges of the marshmallows so they’re not too sticky to handle. If you get any coating on the decorations simply brush it off gently with a soft, dry pastry brush.