A heart shapped summer dress, perfect for summer (or even for valentines day if you make it red ^^)
This summer dress is easy to make, plus you don't require much materials, just fabric and that's it.
And again, if you have any questions, there is a comment box below, feel free to share your comments! =)
Happy crafting you boys and girls out there! :D
- Victoria M. added Summer Dress to Sewing projects .etc. 14 Mar 00:18
- Roughwaters44 favorited Summer Dress 08 Jul 03:42
- Mew M. favorited Summer Dress 12 Feb 10:12
- Jess W. favorited Summer Dress 19 Jan 01:41
- kali.parkins favorited Summer Dress 10 Jan 05:25
- kathy.orr.355 added Summer Dress to Want to try 19 Dec 05:21
- Heather B. favorited Summer Dress 01 Dec 08:25
- Debi added Summer Dress to Dress Ideas 27 Oct 06:57
- Shantelle t. added Summer Dress to how to clothing 23 Oct 18:22
- Zombie Babe added Summer Dress to new wardrobe 01 Oct 01:43
Okay so first step, you want to cut a tube top but cut the back a little lower than the front otherwise you'll have some problems later with the fabric that simply gathers.
Then sew and pull on the thread at the front with a needle (don't use your sewing machine) to make it look like this
Or you can sew a piece of elastic on the back to make it look like fabric gathers there but it's a little hard. The results are the same anyway and I try to keep things simple.
Now cut some straps and add then to the top.
Now the fun part, making the skirt to stick it to the top! :D
For this, I will be referring to threadbangers video on how to make a circle skirt. Just jump to 5:10 minutes.
OH and yeah! you don't need to make a zipper and stuff, just leave it as a circle skirt.
The hard part now, sew the skirt to the top and you should be done.