Leon: Fast Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Small aubergines are best suited to this recipe; however the large ones will work too ( you may have to lengthen the cooking time).
- Rich T. added Stuffed Aubergine Curry to Asian food 05 Sep 02:40
- Alecia B. favorited Stuffed Aubergine Curry 06 Oct 09:29
- anita.n.g added Stuffed Aubergine Curry to Vegan/veggie munch 28 May 21:49
- Suzi T. favorited Stuffed Aubergine Curry 22 May 22:43
- jade.owen.338 added Stuffed Aubergine Curry to Vegan (for Brian) 04 May 09:23
- judithchen added Stuffed Aubergine Curry to recipes 03 May 20:13
- KelliDroze added Stuffed Aubergine Curry to Food 01 May 21:41
- Hester A. favorited Stuffed Aubergine Curry 01 May 18:21
- Anna S. favorited Stuffed Aubergine Curry 01 May 08:30
- Octopus Publishing published her project Stuffed Aubergine Curry 21 Feb 12:46
You Will Need
Put all the stuffing into a food processor with a little water and blitz together to make a paste.
Cut each aubergine in half lengthways, but do not cut through the stem. Roll the aubergine over and cut again so that it is quartered but is still intact at the stem.
Divide the stuffing between the aubergines, using a teaspoon to spread it over the inside cut surfaces. Squeeze the quarters back together.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid (one that will hold all the aubergines in one layer). Add the aubergines to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning them occasionally to brown them all over.
Add the water, then cover the pan and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the aubergines are tender. Season and serve.
Variations: Try substituting the aubergines for courgettes.