The perfect spring/summer dessert. A delicious clafoutis filled with juicy strawberries.
- ModernMyth Angel added Strawberry Clafoutis to Baking!! 01 Apr 18:39
- Lombaxluvr favorited Strawberry Clafoutis 07 Oct 10:54
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Strawberry Clafoutis 28 Jul 01:30
- Emma H. favorited Strawberry Clafoutis 18 May 20:39
- Stephen W. favorited Strawberry Clafoutis 14 May 01:08
- Nazia A. published their project Strawberry Clafoutis 13 May 09:00
To make the pastry - Heap the 255g plain flour flour onto the surface and make a well. Put in the 155g unsalted butter, pinch of salt, pinch of sugar, and 1 egg, and cream the mixture together by hand until it comes together. Add the 1tbsp milk and work the mixture into a dough.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Press the dough into a 20cm flan/tart tin and chill in the fridge for approx. 20 minutes. Then prick the base and blind bake for 15 minutes (to blind bake you need to place a sheet of greaseproof paper over the dough and fill it it baking beands/beads). Then bake unblind (remove the greaseproof paper and baking beads) for approx 5 minutes.
Turn the oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
To make the filling - whisk together 1 egg and 45g plain flour. Stir in the melted butter, followed by the 30g caster sugar, 90 ml milk and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the baked pastry base, and add the strawberries, spreading the fruit evenly. Bake for approx. 25 minutes. Once baked, allow to cool in the tin for approx 5 minutes, before removing and leaving to cool on a cooling rack.