Add sparkle to the holiday (or any) season
Constructed out of glittery wrapping paper, this is not your typical sewing project but will delight people of all ages. Fill the star "pouches" with goodies or simply hang them up as decoration. I love to create an advent calendar each year, and this star-studded version was a huge hit. Either way, you'll get your festivities off on a shiny start!
- Marieke favorited Star Advent Calendar 14 Nov 19:28
- Alexandria H. favorited Star Advent Calendar 06 Feb 02:05
- archana l. favorited Star Advent Calendar 03 Feb 07:42
- Donia G. favorited Star Advent Calendar 01 Feb 23:57
- PineconePrincess favorited Star Advent Calendar 31 Jan 23:41
- Crafterella featured Star Advent Calendar 30 Jan 23:00
- Alissa B. favorited Star Advent Calendar 30 Jan 04:34
- Melissa Beth favorited Star Advent Calendar 29 Jan 22:25
- Sanae I. published her project Star Advent Calendar 28 Jan 09:00
Get sheets of glitter wrapping paper (I got mine from Paper Source)
Make a star template in Photoshop. You can easily find a template by Googling “star template” too.
Using the template, fold the wrapping paper in half with right sides together, and trace 9 stars per color and cut them out.
With wrong sides together, sew along the edge of the shape, leaving one pointy edge unstitched. Ta-da! A little star pouch.
Fill each star with a numbered strip of paper with an activity printed on it (e.g. donate 2 pairs of shoes, go ice skating, etc.) for the advent calendar or stuff with a small piece of candy or treat.
Add a little punched circle with the number of the day, hole-punch the unstitched point of the star and secure with baker’s twine. Hang from the ceiling with masking tape for shimmery, glittery fun!