This Beef Stroganoff is comfort food at it's best and perfect on a cold night.
The beauty of this dish is that you can prepare the entire thing the night before, refrigerate it; then put it in the slow cooker in the morning before work. And...Voila! Dinner is ready when you get home. Cooking time may vary between 2-8 hours depending on the settings on your slow cooker.
- char53lie added Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff to Food 18 Sep 15:51
- Penny F. added Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff to Pastas 01 Sep 16:42
- Biblionic favorited Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 08 Aug 23:58
- Toxsixzpoizen favorited Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 19 Jul 10:04
- Kala V. favorited Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 16 Jul 20:02
- christina c. favorited Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 19 May 02:02
- x_niccadee added Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff to make this 20 Apr 06:32
- CarriesExpKtchn published her project Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 01 Mar 17:25
You Will Need
Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat.
If using the top round of beef, cut the meat into 1"cubes; then dredge the cubes in 1/4 cup of flour so that they are coated on all sides.
Brown the meat in the oil for 5-7 minutes on all sides; then place in your slow cooker.
Add the butter to the pan; then add the mushrooms, garlic and scallions. Saute 2 minutes until the mushrooms start to sweat. Remove from the pan and place in your slow cooker.
Next, in the same pan, whisk in your flour to form a roux; then add your broth, mustard, parsley, thyme and wine. Bring to a boil until it's slightly thickened and add to your slow cooker.
Cook on warm 6-8 hours; low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours; depending on how long you will be away from your slow cooker.
After the meat has cooked and is tender, combine 1/4 cup of flour and cold water together and mix well so that there are no lumps. Add the flour mixture to the beef mixture as needed depending on how thick you like your gravy (I like to make extra sauce for the noodles or rice); then stir in the sour cream. Serve over egg noodles or rice.