Make a configuration box for your favorite TV show!
This configuration box is a salute to the Fox TV series Sleepy Hollow, but you can easily customize it to fit your favorite show or movie. Just brainstorm iconic images from the show, source, then get to glueing.
- Teresa D. favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 02 Jul 08:14
- Rebecca M. favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 05 Jan 14:36
- Quickanimator favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 18 May 15:07
- Len favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 30 Mar 10:16
- Nancy J. favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 17 Mar 01:41
- Vampish Brat favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 07 Mar 11:35
- Shadow Ninja456 favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 23 Feb 18:24
- Bailey W. favorited Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box 18 Feb 18:34
- Ingrid E. added Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box to To-make list 27 Jan 18:19
- Ida T. added Sleepy Hollow Configuration Box to Crafts 27 Jan 15:22
Decide how many boxes you want to use and how you want them configured. If you're not sure what you'll be putting in the box, don't glue the boxes in permanently just yet.
Then cover your box with scrapbook paper and use tissue tape to cover the edges. Or you can paint the box.
Look for papers that go with the theme. I used DCWV Dark Romance and a Christmas tissue tape from Michaels.
Next, you want to collect items to go in your box. Think about icon images from your favorite show.
This box has two of the four white trees, Washington's Bible, Ichabod's son's golem doll, Revolutionary War figures and the headless horseman's head in a jar.
Glue your items into place in each of the chambers. Then add other embellishments such as ribbon, fabric flowers, old pieces of jewelry, or printed items you made yourself like the Sleepy Hollow sign.
You want to give the box texture and depth, so don't be afraid to let items hang out of the box or paint them to make the colors match.