For those of us who want a kitty collar for humans.
I could never find a plain comfortable collar to wear when I go out with my cat ears, so after trying to find one that would fit me at pet stores (and failing)..I decided to make one myself. It was a great idea. I wanted a soft, red collar with a kitty bell, so that's what I made, and here's how. Really easy! =^.^=
- Ashley W. favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 08 Dec 10:23
- kara.ansberry favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 28 Jun 23:58
- The True Fox favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 01 May 03:16
- Jaleesa B. favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 23 Nov 03:53
- FrankieStein favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 12 Nov 05:52
- macy_clover favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 07 May 16:28
- colleenclaire.mccarthy favorited Simple & Easy Cat Collar 22 Feb 19:59
- Alex Poser added Simple & Easy Cat Collar to Accessories 10 Jan 22:18
- Alex Poser added Simple & Easy Cat Collar to Costuming 10 Jan 22:18
Gather your materials:
-A long cloth. I used the rope of an old bathrobe because it's fuzzy and warm.
-Thread (and needle). Make sure it matches close enough to the cloth you're using.
-A bell. Most craft stores sell these in packs or maybe you just have one laying around. Or really anything you want can be put on it. Maybe a plastic toy or a medallion or pendant.
First of all, take that long cloth and cut a length longer than the circumferance of your neck. You can use something to measure around your neck, or just wrap the cloth itself around your neck and cut where you see fit! I used 13 inches, 11.5 for my neck and roughly 1.5 inches for the overlap.
Next, take the bell and sew it to one side of the collar. It's a good idea to try on the collar right before this to see where you want to put the bell. My bell is about 4.5 inches from the button, and it dangles right below my chin. It's alright if it ends up kinda messy here, but try to keep the side the button is on neat. That way, the messy threading will be hidden, pressed against your neck and behind the bell. Sew it tight though! Don't want it falling off!