This tote is quick to make and perfect for Saturday morning trips to the market, afternoons with sewing friends, or just to carry all your day-to-day stuff in. The fold-over top and canvas bottom are cute design features, but it’s the fabric that really sings for me in this project.
• 16 x 20 inches
- Lee S. favorited Sew And Go Tote 20 Apr 18:19
- Missi M. added Sew And Go Tote to Bags 17 Dec 16:35
- Chudames favorited Sew And Go Tote 23 Sep 14:42
- pandanomz added Sew And Go Tote to my list 07 Sep 01:28
- pink favorited Sew And Go Tote 01 Sep 05:04
- Pam ^_^ favorited Sew And Go Tote 11 Aug 17:11
- ale_corason favorited Sew And Go Tote 07 Aug 07:02
- mahi.khan.9883739 favorited Sew And Go Tote 05 Aug 16:41
- Suzi T. favorited Sew And Go Tote 05 Aug 13:24
- PixieFey added Sew And Go Tote to Bags & Purses 04 Aug 15:14
You Will Need
Pair all the 5-inch coloured and BKG sqs together. Join to make HSTs. Trim to 41⁄2-inch sqs.
Arrange HSTs into two large squares of 16 HSTs and join as a 16-patch. Apply fusible fleece to the reverse of each panel following manufacturers directions.
Join canvas strips to the bottom of each panel and press seams towards the canvas. Top stitch 1⁄8 inch from either side of seam.
Making sure that the strap is not twisted, pin each end to the side of one panel. Align the top of the straps with the seam line between the first and second row of HSTs. The raw edges should stick out over the edge of the panel by approximately 1 inch.
Repeat steps three, six and seven for the lining fabric. When joining the lining panels together, leave a 4-inch turning gap in the bottom seam.
Place outer bag inside bag lining, RST. Pin at side seams and sew all the way around the top. Turn through, press well, and top stitch 1⁄8 inch from the top of the bag. Slipstitch or top stitch the turning gap to finish.