Simple, elegant, low-budget jewelry
I made this as a gift for my best friend.
I made this from sea glass we found when we were young and spent a week at her grandmother's home on the beach in southern Maine.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Seaglass Necklace 25 Jul 06:04
- veronica f. favorited Seaglass Necklace 10 Feb 18:32
- Moominsmurf favorited Seaglass Necklace 07 May 00:44
- Rachel W. added Seaglass Necklace to Beach Party 10 Apr 13:47
- Katrina C. favorited Seaglass Necklace 09 Aug 08:31
- Kim C. added Seaglass Necklace to Wire Wrappped 19 Jul 06:14
- kym h. added Seaglass Necklace to jewelry 09 Feb 07:22
- kym h. favorited Seaglass Necklace 09 Feb 07:22
- Charlotte H. favorited Seaglass Necklace 30 Jun 20:16
- Steph favorited Seaglass Necklace 26 Oct 23:28
Go to the beach and find some pretty seaglass.
Create a bail and wrap seaglass with wire.
(See my stone pendant tutorial for pictures of spiral-making!)
String pendant onto pretty chain!
Each piece of glass is unique. For each of these I did a practice-run with some cheaper floral wire just to see where the contours of the glass worked best for supporting the pendant. The second piece was part of a bottle-neck so there was a nice ridge going across the top in a pleasant arc. Since the ridge was quite high, the pendant required no further wrapping.
If I make some more pieces, I will take pictures for the tutorial.