Add visual interest to your hat with scallops
I had been coveting pretty scalloped brim hats I saw online for awhile, so I figured out how to add scallops to a regular hat.
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 21 Apr 01:36
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 17 Nov 01:46
- PinkWeeds favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 27 Dec 05:30
- thecrazycat_ReiD added Scalloped Brim Hat to projects 25 Nov 09:51
- Emma H. favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 11 Aug 23:19
- Willow Bon-Bon added Scalloped Brim Hat to Mary Poppins 03 Aug 14:15
- merriness favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 31 Jan 12:11
- Minerva H. added Scalloped Brim Hat to Hats! 22 Nov 20:33
- dreamgonebad favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 20 Jul 04:57
- LynnieAttackedByWeather favorited Scalloped Brim Hat 09 Jul 19:38
Grab a circle template to trace around the edges of your hat. If you don’t have a plastic circle template handy, trace something of the appropriate size (a spice bottle or condiment lid would work) onto a sturdy piece of paper or cardstock and cut it out. The circle I used had a 1 1/4 inch diameter.
Using your fabric pencil, trace your template around the edge of the brim of your hat. I should tell you to measure around the brim of your hat and divide that by the diameter of your circle template to make sure you can fit an even number, but I didn’t do that. I just fudged the last few a little bit so an even number would fit. It’s up to you.