Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen
Prep: 10 minutes (+ 4 hour soak) | Active: 15 minutes | Inactive: 15 minutes | Makes 10 or more
Malai Peda is a melt-in-the-mouth sweet usually made of condensed milk and milk powder, and a flavor such as saffron. This version has cashew cream, oat flour, white flour, and sugar.
- vwilling1 added Saffron Cream Fudge to Cooking 10 Oct 17:52
- vwilling1 favorited Saffron Cream Fudge 10 Oct 17:51
- Crafterella featured Saffron Cream Fudge 09 Oct 06:00
- Alecia B. favorited Saffron Cream Fudge 03 Oct 07:03
- Emma H. favorited Saffron Cream Fudge 27 Sep 18:10
- Suzi T. favorited Saffron Cream Fudge 25 Sep 12:03
- Vegan Heritage Press published her project Saffron Cream Fudge 25 Sep 06:00
You Will Need
Blend the cashews with 2 tablespoons of almond milk into a smooth thick cashew cream. Use more almond milk or 1/2 cup thick cashew cream, only if needed, to blend. Add the salt, sugar, and saffron and blend again until smooth.
Transfer the cashew cream to a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens to a custard, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir frequently so the mixture does not get lumpy. Let it cool completely. Then chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add 1/3 cup oat flour, 1 tablespoon at a time and mix in. Stir in the flour. The mixture should become a sticky soft dough. Taste and add confectioners’ sugar if needed.
Apply oil to your hands, take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and shape into flat discs. Press pistachio or almond slivers on top. Or dust the pedas in confectioners’ sugar. Store on the counter for the day or refrigerated for up to a week.