Cheers to Vegan Sweets!
This cupcake would be the perfect ending to a falafel sandwich. It’s inspired by the icy cold rosewater-infused lemonade at Middle Eastern restaurants.
© 2020 Kelly Peloza · Reproduced with permission.
- Vi F. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 23 Oct 01:44
- Summer O. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 22 May 05:26
- Kate A. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 09 Jan 05:36
- Meta H. added Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes to cooking 28 Dec 22:46
- Ziv J. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 29 Jul 12:13
- Kala V. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 16 Jul 19:48
- Dori V. added Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes to to do- 28 Jun 22:54
- Tara Rees favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 07 Jun 14:07
- KelliDroze added Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes to Sweet 02 Jun 04:21
- Anett E. favorited Rosewater Lemonade Cupcakes 31 May 17:33
You Will Need
To make cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4) and line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
Cream together the margarine and sugars until smooth, then add yogurt, milk, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract, and rosewater.
Continue mixing until everything is combined. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk until just combined. The batter should be somewhat thick and fragrant.
Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, distribute the batter, filling each cupcake liner a little over half full.
Bake for 18 minutes or until the tops are firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make frosting:
Cream together margarine and shortening.
Gradually add powdered sugar. When almost all the sugar is incorporated, add the lemon juice, rosewater (to taste), and lemon zest. Continue beating until completely smooth and fluffy, 8 to10 minutes.
Spoon frosting into a pastry bag and pipe swirls atop your cupcakes. Garnish with lemon slices and rose petals.