A delicious and beautiful savory quick bread.
A fast, yeast-free bread you can whip up any time.
- Rachael H. added Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread to Food 10 Jan 03:49
- CutiePieBoo favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 07 Jan 16:28
- dotletty favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 12 Nov 05:05
- MAY M. favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 03 Nov 19:22
- Claire M. favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 09 Sep 23:03
- Samantha added Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread to baking 31 Aug 19:26
- Elentine added Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread to Recipes 18 Aug 15:03
- T R. favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 17 Aug 23:17
- Charlotte H. favorited Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 15 Aug 15:23
- Ashley C. published her project Rosemary Parmesan Olive Oil Bread 21 May 19:54
Preheat oven to 375º and grease a cast iron skillet with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add flour, salt, and baking powder to the food processor. Turn processor on and very slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube. The dough will start to get crumbly. After the olive oil, very slowly add the warm water through the feed tube. As soon as the dough forms a ball, stop the food processor.
(If you don't want to add any flavorings to your bread skip the next step and go straight to putting the dough in the pan.)
Very lightly flour a work surface and dump your dough out. Poke a hole into the center of your dough and add your cheese and rosemary. Knead the dough only a few times. (I pull two sides of the dough out and then fold them into the center, and then repeat, as if taking the sides of a square and then the top and bottom.) The herbs and cheese do not need to be perfectly distributed. You don't want to over work your dough or it will become tough.
Place your dough in your well oiled skillet and press with your fingers to spread the dough to the edges of the pan. Flip the dough and press to the edges again. Top with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the bread starts to become golden.