Reinvented Spider Rings! Punk/Goth
I found these's cheap old spider rings in my room the other day that i never wore because i thought they were too plain...so I got bored and made them awesome! I make lots of weird things when i'm bored. lol.
This is my first how-to, hope you enjoy!
- Debbie V. added Re Invent Spider Rings! to Kids 20 Apr 03:27
- Evelyn C. favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 15 Feb 04:13
- DocDoolittle favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 08 Dec 01:24
- Belynda C. favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 30 Jul 00:01
- Shawntay A. favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 27 Jul 01:49
- Dona Monstra favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 03 Jul 05:37
- eFenuska added Re Invent Spider Rings! to Jewelry and Accessories 02 May 16:51
- eFenuska added Re Invent Spider Rings! to Really Must have 02 May 16:51
- eFenuska favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 02 May 16:50
- AnnaMong favorited Re Invent Spider Rings! 07 Apr 15:52
First get your supplies!
I used Black nail polish, but i'm sure you could use any colors you want; black shows up the best though.
You can get spider rings anywhere around Halloween. My friend gave me these yrs. ago. She said she got a whole bag at the dollar store for just a few cents! And people usually give them out Free to trick-or-treater's....and candy. O.O
Next, get very little polish & carefully paint small stripes on all the legs with the tip of the brush. Paint on both sides of each leg (all the way around), so you won't have to do 2 coats.
And make sure the space inbetween is the same length as the stripes you make...it makes it look more professional.
It also helps if you try to bend the legs farther apart before you paint...so they don't touch. And if you screw up you can quickly wipe it off with your fingernail.
I did stripes, but you can make any patterns or styles you want...and in any colors you want. Alternate legs, colors, anything! The possibilities are endless! I'd love to see someone do Rainbow Spiders. O.O
That black & white spider I did with white-out...cuz i didn't have any polish. I don't recommend that, because it was too sloppy, sticky, and not as shiny. Have fun!