Who knew rainbows actually taste like cake? These truffles epitomize riding a unicorn through a sprinkly sunset in cake-ball form.
- moonofsilver favorited Rainbow Truffles 08 Jan 14:28
- Kepi favorited Rainbow Truffles 06 Feb 00:53
- Kepi added Rainbow Truffles to Magical Unicorn Party 06 Feb 00:53
- kzk favorited Rainbow Truffles 28 Nov 18:02
- Jenna Joy favorited Rainbow Truffles 28 Feb 03:16
- anita.n.g added Rainbow Truffles to Xmas jazz 12 Dec 21:27
- dalekordancer favorited Rainbow Truffles 30 Apr 13:26
- Maxine M. added Rainbow Truffles to To-make list 07 Apr 05:13
- Bonnie B. added Rainbow Truffles to Omnomnom 20 Feb 13:11
- Shantelle t. added Rainbow Truffles to food!! 08 Dec 16:27
You Will Need
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. First, prepare your cake mix according to package directions, stirring dry pudding mix into the batter to combine. Divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Tint each bowl a different color of the rainbow to the intensity of your choice. I made my colors bright, but pastels would be cute, too!
Divide the colored batter into the muffin cups–2 muffin cups per one color–and bake about 13-15 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with light crumbs. Allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, crumble the cake by color into six separate bowls. Add about one Tablespoon or so of vanilla frosting to each bowl and mix with a spoon until combined.
To make the balls, take a small pinch of red crumbs, followed by orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Once each color is in the palm of your hand, gently roll them into a tight ball. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and repeat until all the crumbs are gone. Allow to harden several hours in the freezer.
Once chilled, prepare the almond bark according to package directions. Once melted and smooth, dip each truffle one at a time into the melted chocolate with a toothpick, turning it gently to coat. Allow excess to drip off, then carefully release the coated cake ball back onto the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles and repeat until finished. Allow chocolate to harden, then store airtight up to a week.