On your mark, get set, GOOOO!
I've been seeing a lot of projects with melted pony beads, so I decided to do my own.
I also made some matching studs, they look a bit like monotone caterpillars.
Mostly, I'm just proud I didn't burn the beads/the house down.
- Self-Constructed Freak added Racing Flag Earrings to ✿Mary Quant✿ 14 Dec 14:07
- GiftedDiva24 added Racing Flag Earrings to Diy Jewelry 19 Feb 14:16
- GiftedDiva24 favorited Racing Flag Earrings 19 Feb 14:16
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Racing Flag Earrings 06 Feb 10:21
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Racing Flag Earrings 29 Dec 01:28
- Martha.Martin.Stocks favorited Racing Flag Earrings 26 Oct 14:38
- Kristen k. favorited Racing Flag Earrings 06 Oct 20:37
- TinyTessieG added Racing Flag Earrings to Might Make! 17 Sep 19:05
- craftgirl14 favorited Racing Flag Earrings 05 Jul 17:49
First of all, pre-heat your oven and line your baking tray with the foil. It's just best to get this out of the way first.
As far as temperature goes, I just turned my oven all the way up.
Taking care not to disturb your pattern, carefully take your tray and place it in the oven.
Leave for between 10-15 minutes - this really depends on your oven so you might want to check it now and again to get an idea of how long yours takes. I generally just take them out when the holes are all gone.
Once your beads are all filed and lovely, take some jump rings and thread them through the eyelet and attach them to your earring hook.
(You'll need larger jump rings for this - about 10mm).
Depending on how you want them to hang, you can put your earring hook on one ring and your pendant on another and link them, or you can stick it all on the same ring. Either works.