This is an original pie with a not very commonly used fruit.
These days quinces are rarely cooked.. It's a shame because this tasty fruit allows original excellent and cheap recipes, at the cost of a little work.
In addition one can easily find along the roads quince trees whose fruits are not picked up and which can be kept for at least a few weeks.
I propose this time a recipe for quince pie.
- charlie a. favorited Quince Pie 17 Jan 08:51
- Crafterella featured Quince Pie 12 Jan 23:00
- campaspe favorited her project Quince Pie 08 Jan 19:21
- campaspe commented on her project Quince Pie 08 Jan 19:20
- Kinhime Dragon commented on Quince Pie 08 Jan 16:33
- campaspe published her project Quince Pie 08 Jan 10:40
Spread the pastry in a mold, and pick it with a fork. Garnish with slices of quinces. Cook in the oven for 25 to 30 mn at medium heat (180°)
While the pie is cooking make a quince jelly : in a saucepan, mix the strained quince water and the sugar. Boil on moderate heat and test the setting of the jelly by putting a few drops on a cold plate.