A great no-sew project that will transform you into a punk rock cupid in no time!
I have always loved purse frames. They’re what define the look of many cute (usually metal, often vintage) clasped purses. I’d never worked with them because I thought they required some magic Project Runway winner-level sewing wizardry to use. Turns out, not at all! This is a great no-sew project that comes together in no time.
- Alma added Punk Rock Heart Clutch to Bags, Wallets... 26 Jul 12:58
- Rachael B. added Punk Rock Heart Clutch to DIY The Look-Rachael 16 Apr 03:38
- Rachael B. favorited Punk Rock Heart Clutch 16 Apr 03:38
- Tiffany M. added Punk Rock Heart Clutch to Oufit 08 Sep 23:54
- kera c. added Punk Rock Heart Clutch to Hmm..Projects of Interest...? 08 Jul 13:47
- Melissa Beth favorited Punk Rock Heart Clutch 12 Nov 05:25
- mmotse03 favorited Punk Rock Heart Clutch 19 Aug 22:20
- Marci F. favorited Punk Rock Heart Clutch 06 Aug 18:22
- Conner W. added Punk Rock Heart Clutch to Things to try and make 13 Feb 15:04
- Carla M. favorited Punk Rock Heart Clutch 17 Sep 01:57
This project is really easy and quick, and the heart purse frame is what makes it come together so easily. To begin, iron all of your flannel and cut it into swatches big enough to cover your plastic heart backings entirely.
Place your flannel swatch right side down on your work surface and place one of the plastic heart backings from your purse frame curved side down on top of it. Wrap the heart entirely in the fabric and secure with a rubber band, just like a ponytail.