Impress Your Mom With Handmade Pop Up Card
I've seen this card on a lot of different sites and figured I'd share it one here, with my own tutorial.
Here's what you'll need-
1- 8x8 inches piece of paper (this will be your card base)
7- 4x4 inches pieces of paper (these will be your flowers)
Double Sided Tape
- MeatLoaf M. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 31 May 13:16
- Julie s. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 04 Apr 14:18
- Lee B. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 18 Aug 04:18
- arina m. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 27 May 04:04
- Maggie favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 20 May 08:31
- J. M. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 23 Feb 19:29
- jessica.maletz favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 17 Jan 03:15
- rouge s. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 12 Nov 02:12
- Arleen S. favorited Pop Up Mother's Day Card 23 Aug 14:03
- Deana V. added Pop Up Mother's Day Card to Flowers in My Attic 22 Aug 23:16
You can also make a little template that looks like this one in the picture, just to help make all your flowers come out the same.
It's 2 inches long, so cut out a little 2x2 inch square, fold it in half on the diagonal and cut it out like you would a heart. Then open it up (now you have a heart) cut it in half so you have one raindrop shape.
Use that trace out your flowers in the next step.
Take one of your 4x4 inch squares and fold it in half, then in half again.
Then take one corner and fold it over on the diagonal, the flip the square over, and fold the other corner up the same way.
(If your paper isn't too thick you can fold over the whole square instead of doing 2 folds. But mine is really thick)
Now use your template to trace the petal shape onto your folded square. Make sure you put the point of the petal on the center of the folds.
Cut out your petal shape. Unfold the 1st one to make sure you did it correctly, lol. I goofed up my 1st few!
Lay out your flowers in the way you want the colors to go. I cut 1 Pink, 3 Yellow and 3 Purple. So I put my pink in the middle and then the other two colors alternating around it.
Crease all the flowers, so they lay down flat like pictured. The letter them as shown
B A C
E G F
and place your double sided tape where I did mine. (Click the picture for a close up view)